After the recent news that the pandas were coming to Edinburgh zoo, I asked on our twitter stream for people to place their bets………….on which would arrive first in town, pandas or working trams.
The responses were overwhelmingly in favour of the black and white creatures, but some of the answers were really funny and I thought I’d share them here again. We also asked on our facebook page so it’s a mixture of answers from both.
- pandas arriving on trams would be a sight worth seeing!
- Arriving in Edinburgh in this order 1. Static trams 2. Pandas 3. Flying pigs 4. Working trams.
- I thought they were bringing the pandas in to finish the trams?
- the trams will be in Leith long before the Scottish cup ever makes it that far again!!!
- Marty Mcfly just returned from 2015 and says that it isn’t looking good for the trams.
- Baby Pandas then Trams
- The pandas as yet unconceived kids & grandkids will arrive in Edinburgh b4 the trams & we no how bad pandas r @ procreating.
- perhaps the pandas could live in the tram carriages as there won’t be working tram lines. Or is that cruel to the pandas?
- Rolling in unlike the trams, huh? (Trams dont have wheels, right? I hate when facts ruin puns.)
- The pandas’ newborn babies will arrive before any tram runs anywhere near let alone in Edinburgh!
- we should have a sub-bet on what will arrive first; flying cars or trams.
- Pandas! Also: they rock more than trams, and will be more useful than those benighted people carriers will ever be.
- Pandas that can drive the trams.
- Pandas for shizzle!!!
- Actually get the pandas to build the trams they would do a better job than ECC could only ever dream of!
- lesser spotted flying pandas
The fact that we were talking about them on twitter made it into today’s Guardian round up for Edinburgh.